Contract to Closing
After a sales contract is ratified there are still more negotiations, document deliveries, inspections, title details and mortgage tasks to be accomplished to reach a successful closing and walk away with the keys to your new home.
There are numerous specific due dates and tasks on our average transaction checklist, but an overview of a few includes:
- Post contract delivery of documents to the title company.
- Deposit of earnest money in an escrow account.
- Helping our buyers to order inspections and coordinating them, and arranging access to assure they’re completed on time.
- Coordinating timely delivery of documents, such as responses to disclosures and inspection results.
- Coordinating the appraisal and appraiser access.
- Working with the mortgage company and coordinating delivery of documents they require.
- Assisting our buyers with any negotiations related to contingencies, inspections or other documents.
There are a number of companies and people involved in a real estate transaction. As your buyer agent, we’re your “go-to” resource to bring it all together as we coordinate the activities of all of these companies and people for you.
It’s critical that all deadlines are met in order to keep the transaction on track and to avoid defaulting on any terms of the contract. We’ll help you keep your real estate transaction on track!